Trico Homes offers a unique team environment with competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2015
Have you ever wanted to ride a giraffe? Us too, but what we really want is a great candidate to join our team.
We recognize that a company, any company, is nothing more or less than the people who make it up. Trico Homes is continually recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada - and that says a lot about our culture. We combine our energy for work with our passion for life, community and learning, which we believe create a fuller, more enriched lifestyle.
We care equally about aptitude and attitude and hire for both. When you arrive at Trico, we want you to stay and experience what the freedom to inspire, create, and innovate feels like.
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a: Assistant Controller
This is a full time, permanent position
The Assistant Controller shall be responsible for assisting the Controller with the management of overall financial operations and will work with the controller to provide accurate information to the Leadership Team and the Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Assistant Controller will aid the Controller in directing and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures and preparing financial statements. The Assistant Controller will also maintain the company's accounting systems and implement changes as required by the Controller.
- Assist Controller in managing the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, job cost, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and governmental reporting.
- Monitor monthly closings and ensure timely collection of closing funds.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for various companies and departments. Various entities include single family corporations, multifamily partnerships, joint venture and land investments and charitable foundations.
- Assist in annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting, including variance analysis.
- Train, mentor and assist in the supervision of the accounting staff.
- Support accounting team with recently implemented AX Dynamics ERP system, to improve processes, efficiencies and reporting.
- Provide advice and guidance on accounting matters including financial systems, accounting standards and tax compliance.
- Provide strategic analysis to drive improved decision making, as required.
- Prepare and review annual tax returns, including corporate, partnership and charitable tax returns.
- Coordinate the year-end audit and reviews, including preparing financial statements and note disclosures, and working directly with field audit team.
- Review and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Other related duties, as required or assigned.
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA and CMA) preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management, including principles, practices and applications. Residential home building experience, would be an asset.
- Management and or supervisory experience, with proven ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant federal, provincial and local requirements.
- Experience overseeing audits/reviews performed by external accounting firms.
- Hands-on experience of financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and accounting software. Experience with AX Dynamics, would be an asset.
- Good problem solving skills, including high level critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.