Home Buyer Resources | Trico Homes | New Home Builder in Calgary Alberta. New Houses, Townhomes and Condos

Home Buyer Resources


Terminology and phrases utilized throughout the building process may not be familiar to you. We have listed common terms and phrases for your reference. If you require additional information or clarification, please contact your Area Manager, as they will be with you throughout the building process to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.


A document issued by the alberta land titles office that shows the registered owner(s) of the land subject to any encumbrances, easements, or other changes. The title may be held in freehold, condominium or leasehold. Owners may hold title as joint tenants or as tenants in common.


Also called a row house, a townhouse is one unit of several similar single-family homes, side-by-side, joined by common walls.

Transfer of Title

Instructions from the owner of the land to the land titles office of the transfer of title to new owners in accordance with the purchaseagreement.


A supporting structure or framework composed of beams, girders, or rods commonly of steel or wood lying in a single plane. A truss usually takes the form of a triangle or combination of triangles, since this design ensures the greatest rigidity. Trusses are used for large spans and heavy loads, as in roofs.